For ultimate performance you must adjust the length of the rope to suit your height. If you do not adjust the rope for your height you will find it much harder to jump.
One of the great features of the CSX Pro Speed Jump Rope is that you can easily adjust the length and test the length before you cut the rope.
To Find the Correct Length for Your Height:
- Hold the handles of the rope
- Place one foot in the middle of the rope
- Pull the handles straight up making sure the rope is tight
- Ensure that you are standing upright
- For beginners, the end of the handles should reach close to the shoulder
- For experienced jumpers, the end of the handles should reach the armpit or below
- If the handles extend beyond your shoulders, your rope needs to be shortened
To Adjust the CSX Pro Speed Rope:
- When you have found a comfortable length using the instructions above, tighten one of the screws at one side of the rope first
- Adjust the screw at the other end of the rope tighten to a suitable length but DO NOT CUT THE ROPE AT THIS STAGE
- Test the rope length with a few jumps and adjust till you feel comfortable
- When you have the correct length, remove the rubber end cap and cut the excess rope wire using pliers. CAUTION: Please allow some excess rope as you can always make the rope shorter, but you can’t make it longer once you have cut it. We would recommend that you allow at least 2 inches of spare rope on each side of the adjustable screws while you are testing the length.
- Replace the rubber end cap on the newly cut rope
- Tighten the adjustable screws
- Jump your way to a fit and healthy body!
The method to find the correct length is an approximate measurement, once you adjust the length of the Pro Speed Rope, experiment by making the rope slightly shorter or longer to find your perfect length for your skipping style. This is one of the great features of the adjusting screw, it just takes a few seconds to keep making very small adjustments until you find the perfect length.
TIP: DO NOT USE SCISSORS TO CUT THE ROPE they can not cut the rope cleanly and you will not be able to replace the end caps back onto the end of the rope.